Mordovia State University
N.P. Ogarev’s Mordovia State University is located in Saransk city, which is capital of the Republic of Mordovia, Russia. It was founded in the year 1931 as the Agronomy Pedagogical Institute and later it made gradually expansion and was given the status of University in 1957. Medicine Institute of this university is the major department for which it is popular. Faculty of Medicine started operation in the year 1967. The Institute of Medicine offers required space, logistical in addition to clinical base for giving training to qualified specialists. There is a dedicated library of medical literature. The university is offering admission to foreign students from multiple countries in addition to students from different parts of Russian Federation.
The University is having student population of 13.000 full timers and 8.000 part timers in addition to 240 evening students. Total enrollment of the medical section is approximately 2000 candidates. Out of this 150 are clinical interns, 150 are medical residents, 70 graduate students and in students training center and retraining of doctors there are above 300 professionals. The duration of the course varies between 6 to 7 years for medical students. The international students are mostly from India, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Kuwait, Oman, Iraq, Iran, Saudi, UAE and many more countries are there. Sergey M. Vdovin is the Rector and Nikolay P. Makarkin is the President of the university.
The faculties of the university include:
- Foreign Languages (English, German, French)
- Law / Jurisprudence,
- National (Mordvin) Culture
- Civil Engineering and Building Constructions,
- Lighting Technology
- Academic Skills College.
Post graduate education to Medical students is offered in below specializations:
- Obstetrics and gynecology
- Functional diagnostics
- Internal medicine
- Traumatology and orthopedics
Address: 68 Bolshevistskaya Str., Saransk 430005, Republic of Mordovia, Russia